UG Admission Committee 2017-18
Nodal Officer : Dr. Mini Joseph (Associate Professor & Head, Dept. of English) : 9447519241
Members : Dr. Rejeesh C John (Assistant Professor & Head, Dept. of Statistics)
Manu K M (Assistant Professor, Dept. of Economics)
Helpline : 9847240383
From the academic year 2015-’16, Kannur University has introduced Centralised Allotment Process (CAP) for admission to the Undergraduate Programmes. Under this single window system, applications are submitted online. At the beginning of every academic year, the university will announce the relevant information online in its official website www.kannuruniversity.ac.in and through other media like the newspapers.
The allotment of the candidates to various programmes and colleges will be on the basis of merit strictly following the rules of reservation. The admission norms are:
- The marks at the Plus Two/Higher Secondary level would be the basic criteria for admission to the Degree Programme.
- In all admissions, 50% of the seats will be filled in purely on the basis of merit through the CAP. 20% of the seats are reserved for SC/ST candidates (SC-15%, ST-5%). 20% of the seats are filled by the Management and the remaining 10% is reserved for students belonging to the RCSC community.
- One seat in each programme (B.A./B.Sc./B.Com.) is reserved within the sanctioned strength for Differently abled candidates, one each for blind, deaf and orthopedically handicapped candidates. There will be no reservation for the blind for the Science Programme.
- Two seats in each UG Programme will be reserved for candidates with outstanding records in sports and games. The seats will be allotted within the sanctioned strength. If eligible sports persons are not available, the seats will be filled from the general merit.
- The seats under Community Quota will be filled by the management on the basis of merit and on the basis of community certificate issued by the Revenue Authorities/Parish Priest.
- Candidates seeking admission through community quota and Management quota also should register online.
- NCC/NSS students will get bonus marks of 15. Holders of B and C certificate in NCC will be eligible for an additional bonus of 5 and 10 marks respectively.
- Weightage of 10 marks as bonus marks will be given to the candidatebelonging to the district in which the college is situated.
- Candidates will lose 10 marks for each additional appearance he/ she has taken for completing the qualifying examination.
- A weightage of 15 marks will be given for ex-servicemen and widows and children of Jawans and Ex-service men.
- Candidates getting allotment through the CAP shall appear for an interview along with the parent / guardian on the date and at time notified by the university. They will be enrolled only after the verification of all original certificates and records and payment of the first installment of fees.
For further details, refer the prospectus for admission published by the university and made available in its official website.