The Department of Chemistry came into existence with the establishment of the college in 1964. The Department offers B. Sc (core and complementary), MSc and PhD programs. The BSc main stream was started in 1967 under Kerala University. In education and research, department is emerging as a major centre of excellence in the national level. The main objective of the department is to promote scientific spirit and outlook in the young minds through teaching and learning of Chemistry. Till 2017 Jan, 48 batches of students have graduated from the Department. It is a recognized research center under Kannur University. More than ten students are doing PhD in this center. The academic activities of the department are supported by highly qualified and experienced faculties who pursue research in the frontier areas of science. The department provides instrumentation facilities for thermal, electrochemical and spectroscopic characterization of materials, and other laboratory facilities.
- Post Graduate and Research Department
- Our MSc students are doing projects in Industries, Research centers and Central Government institutions.
- Personal care to students.
- Three well-equipped and well-maintained labs.
- Well-equipped research lab.
- Department Library has more than 1500 reference books and 12 journals.
- Effective and dynamic Alumni Association.