The three-year regular degree in Commerce (B Com) was started at Nirmalagiri College in 2013. Bcom with Finance as optional is offered with an aim to nurture commerce professionals with high level of knowledge and competence to effectively contribute to the society with commitment and integrity. It makes every students eligible for professional studies such as CA, ICWA, MBA, M.Com and other programmes in Commerce.
The B Com degree programme is divided into six semesters. It provides a strong foundation level understanding of the functioning of business organizations, commercial transactions and various management levels.
- Regular classroom lectures shall be accompanied by any other teaching method that suitable to deliver better learning. Some suggested methods are;
a. Case Studies
b. Role Plays
c. Seminars and Presentations
d. Current Affairs Sessions
- Article Reviews
- Frequent organising of Seminars, workshops, etc. for students to widen the horizon of knowledge.
- Extra-curricular activities which brush up various skills of students.
- Participation and excellent track record in various inter collegiate competitions
- To provide a strong foundation level understanding of the functioning of business organizations, commercial transactions and of various specialized operations such as accounting, finance.
- To develop necessary professional knowledge and skills in Accounting, Finance, Marketing, Taxation etc. by adopting learner centered teaching practices.
- To enhance employability to be able to take up challenging job assignments in Accounting, Finance, Marketing or General Aptitude job openings.
- To nurture the students in intellectual, personal, interpersonal and societal skills with a bent on Holistic Education.