The department of Malayalam was established together with the starting of the college in 1964. The degree course in Malayalam language and literature started on 17-09-2001, Sri. Xavier Padanilam was the first HOD.
- In the years 2005, 2007,2009 and 2010 the students from the department achieved top in B A Malayalam among all the universities in Kerala and bagged prestigious award instituted by Kadakkavoor Panchayath
- Keraleeyam (Heritage Museum) which consists of articles of historical and cultural importance.
- Separate Computer Lab for students of Malayalam department to learn Malayalam computing
- Film Library : Consists of more than 100 films ( classical and popular)
- Department Library : With 3994 books.
- journals and periodicals
- Reading room facility
- Folklore club (member of Kerala Folklore Academy)
- Literary club