ACTIVITIES OF THE DEPARTMENT
Academic Extension Activity- PRISM – Practical sessions on school syllabus laboratory experiments for school students – 01-02-2017
This is an academic extension activity conducted every year by the Department of Physics to motivate school students and to excite their interest in Physics through a combination of Physics experiments, Video shows and demonstration of advanced and interesting experiments. This year, about 500 students from 4 schools participated.
Invited Talk- Prof. A. S. Joseph Memorial Programme-03-02-2017
This programme is being conducted regularly from the year 2014, in memory of our first Head of Department and former Principal, Prof. A.S. Joseph. The Programme is being financed and conducted in collaboration with the Physics Alumni Association. This year’s resource person was Mr. AnanthanNambiar, Retired Teacher and National Award Winner for the Best Teacher. He demonstrated a number of interesting experiments that are practical applications of Physics.
Invited Talkon Geophysics -07-02-2017
Speaker – Dr. A. N Manoharan, Assistant Professor, Department of Post GraduateStudies and Research in Geology, Government College Kasaragod
National Conference- CAN – 2015 – Conference on Advanced Nanomaterials – 1st and 2nd October, 2015
- Dr.Reji Philip, Associate Professor, Optics Group, Raman Research InstituteBangalore;
- Dr M. M. Shaijumon, Assistant Professor, School of Physics, IISER Thiruvananthapuram
- P. A. Joy, Physical and Materials Chemistry Division, CSIR-National Chemical Laboratory, Pune
- Dr D. Mangalaraj, UGC-BSR Faculty Fellow, Department of Nanoscience and Technology, Bharathiar University, Coimbatore
- Jijimon K Thomas, Department of Physics, Mar IvaniosCollege, Thiruvananthapuram
- Subasa C. Sahoo, Assistant Professor, Department Of Physics, School of Physical Science, Central University of Kerala, Vidaynagar, Kasaragod
Invited Lecture- Professor A .S. Joseph Endowment Lecture – 23rd February 2015
Speaker – Prof. V P N Nampoori, Emeritus Professor, International School of Photonics, Cochin University of Science and Technology, Kochi, Topic – Optics – Historical Perspectives
National Seminar on Light and Photonics – 23rd – 24th February 2015
- D .Sastikumar, NIT, Tiruchirapalli-Topic – LASERS and its applications
- Satheesh Kumar, Govt. Brennen College, Thalasherry- Topic – LIDAR Applications in Atmospheric Science
- P.Predeep, NIT Calicut-Topic – Recent trends in “Solar Energy”
- BalramSahoo, Indian Institute of Science(IISc), Bangalore- Topic – Quantum-physical control of the emission of light occurring at nuclear energy scales.
Regional Seminar on Robotics and Power Electronics and Prof. A. S. Joseph Memorial Invited Lecture – 24th February, 2014
- A. Ayyappan, NTTF, Thalassery
- Sunil Paul, Assistant Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, VimalJyothi Engineering College, Chemperi, Kannur