Dr. ROSY ANTONY
Department of Chemistry
Current Professional status
- Associate Professor
- Research Guide (seven Ph. D students)
Academic Bodies/ Duties of Universities
- Board of Studies : Member PG Board, Kannur University
- Membership in Committees : Member, Indian Chemical Society
- Subject expert : Chairman, BOE, Kannur University
- Question paper setter : Polymer Chemistry, (for Calicut University)
: Organic Chemistry & Polymer Chemistry (for Kerala University)
Post Doctoral Research Experience
- One Year (NIIST,Trivandrum) (1992-1993)
|1.||B.Sc. Chemistry||St. Dominic’s College, Kanjirapally||M.G. University||1985|
|2.||M.Sc. Chemistry||M.G. University, Kottayam||M.G.University||1987|
|3.||B.Ed.||Kanur Centre, Kannur||Kannur University||1997|
Doctoral Research Experience
- Ph. D (NIIST,Trivandrum) (1987-1992)
- SSLC: 75%
- PDC : 63%
- B.Sc : 82%
- M.Sc : 83% (Second Rank)
- JRF & GATE
Areas of Academic Interest
- Polymer Chemistry
- Organic Chemistry
- Environmental Chemistry
- Nano Science
Publications in International Journals
- GPC Studies on the Cationic Polymerization of Cardanol Initiated by Borontrifluoridediethyleherate, Rosy Antony, C.K.S. Pillai and K.J.Scariah, Journal of Applied Polymer Science,41,1765-1775 (1990).
- Synthesis, Characterization, and thermal studies of Cardanol Based Polyphosphate Esters, Rosy Antony ,Journal of Polymer Science: Part A: Polymer Chemistry,31,3187-3191 (1993).
- Synthesis, and thermal Characterization of Chemically Modified Cardanol Polymers, Rosy Antony and C.K.S. Pillai ,Journal of Applied Polymer Science,49,2129-2135 (1993).
- Synthesis, and thermal Characterization of Chemically Modified Phenolic Resins, Rosy Antony and C.K.S. Pillai ,Journal of Applied Polymer Science,54,429-438 (1994).
- The effect of Polymeric Vs Monomeric Flame retardants on the thermal and flammability characteristics of low density Polyethylene Rosy Antony and C.K.S. Pillai ,Journal of Applied Polymer Science,54,407-411 (1994).
- Synthesis, Characterization, and thermal studies of boron containing Phenolic and Cardanolic Polymers, Rosy Antony and C.K.S. Pillai, Indian Journal of Chemical Technology, 14,529-531 (2007).
- Synthesis, Characterization, and thermal studies of Cresol Based Polyphosphate Esters, Rosy Antony ,Sumisha Ravindran and M.C. Mary, Journal of Indian Chemical Society: 89,701-703 (2012).
- Removal of Methylene Blue Dye using chicken feather as biosorbent, Rakesh K E, Avis Tresa Babu and Rosy Antony, Asian Journal of Chemistry,29:3,2017.
Manuscripts under Submission/Review
- Sida rhombifolia: A novel adsorbent for removal of lead (II) from aqueous solutions, Avis Tresa Babu, Shiju E,Sreejina E and Rosy Antony, Asian Journal of Chemistry. (Accepted)
- Hydrothermally synthesized MnOOH Nano fibers as superior quality adsorbent material for methylene blue removal from aqueous solutions. ,Shibu P.V,Avis Tresa Babu and Rosy Antony Journal of Environmental Chemical Engineering. (Accepted)
Papers presented in National Seminars
- Mahesh S and Rosy Antony, Synthesis, Characterization and conductivity studies of nanofibre reinforced Polyphenylenediamine composites, Polymer Conference for Young Researchers, The Society for Polymer Science India, Thiruvananthapuram, October 2014.
- Rakesh K.E and Rosy Antony, Adsorption studies of heavymetals using natural biosorbent:, Polymer Conference for Young Researchers, The Society for Polymer Science India, Thiruvananthapuram, October 2014.
- Shibu P.V. and Rosy Antony, Anodized TiO2 Nanotubes: Controllable Synthesis and Characterization, Polymers and Composites, UGC Sponsored National Seminar,Nirmalagiri College, 9th and 10th September 2015.
- Rakesh K.E and Rosy Antony, “Adsorption Studies Of Chromium Ions Using Chicken Feathers” Polymers and Composites, UGC Sponsored National Seminar, Nirmalagiri College, 9th and 10th September 2015. (ISBN) 978-81-931227-1-6
- Avis Tresa Babu and Rosy Antony, “Optimization of Parameters for Adsorption of heavy metals using locally available biosorbent as a low cost adsorbent” Polymers and Composites, UGC Sponsored National Seminar, Nirmalagiri College, 9th and 10th September 2015,. (ISBN) 978-81-931227-1-6
- Shibu P.V. and Rosy Antony “Synthesis and Characterization of MnOOH Prepared by Hydrothermal Method” National Conference on Advanced Nanomaterials, Nirmalagiri College, Kannur, Kerala, 01 & 02 October 2015 .
- A comparative study on the removal of Methylene blue from aqueous solution using raw and Fenton modified sida rhombifolia biomass, Avis Tresa Babu , Athira C and Rosy Antony Indian Chemical Society Conference December 2016.
- Two minor projects completed(UGC)
- Environmental awareness programme (NEAC-CED)
Symposia/Conference/Workshop/Industrial Visit Conducted/ Attended
- Coordinator-Polymers and Composites, UGC Sponsored National Seminar, Nirmalagiri College, 9th and 10th September 2015
- National Conference on Advanced Nanomaterials, Nirmalagiri College, Kannur, Kerala, 01 & 02 October 2015 .
- Towards a greener and cleaner Environment , Nirmalagiri College, Kannur, Kerala 06-10-2014 to 10-10-2014
- Recent trends in material science, National Seminar at Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology, Thiruvananthapuram,08,09 & 10 August -2014
- Towards a greener and cleaner Environment, Nirmalagiri College, Kannur, Kerala, 10-10-2013 to 11-10-2013.
- Coordinator,Environmental Day Seminar, Nirmalagiri College, Kannur, Kerala, 07-06- 2016.
Refresher/ Orientation Programmes Attended
|Refresher I||Chemistry||ASC, Kannur||03-01-2011||24-01-2011|
|Refresher II||Research Methodology||ASC, Kannur||04-01-2012||25-01-2012|
Awards / Fellowships / Grants / Certificates
- Won Award for best LOVE PLASTIC unit among colleges in Kerala conducted by SEED project.(Mathrubhumi SEED project-2016.)
Independent Programmes / Committees
- Coordinator of Love Plastic Project – (waste management)
As part of SEED (Student Empowerment through Environmental Development) – LOVE PLASTIC project we collect plastic waste from campus and nearby houses and send for recycling .
- Palliative Care Unit has been constituted before 4 years and student volunteers were trained for homecare program .We collaborate with SNEHASPARSHAM Palliative wing of Christuraja hospital , Kuthuparamba..
- Organ donation campaign has been arranged and duly filled forms were submitted by all chemistry faculties and studentS.
- Alchemist –A student support program to help the needy chemistry students financially.
- M S Office
Sex : Female
Date of birth : 27/05/1965
Father’s name : C J Antony
Mother’s name : Mary Antony
Nationality : Indian
Marital status : Married
Languages Known: Read/ Write/ Speak
- Malayalam, English & Hindi
Kannur, Kerala- 670701