Dr. OUSEPHACHAN K V
Department of English
Mob : 9447480815
Current Professional status
- Associate professor
Academic Bodies/ Duties of Universities
- Board of Studies :Member UG Board of Studies in English from2013 onwards
- Faculty : Member,Faculty of Languages from2013 onwards
- Life Member IRISH
- Member Malanadu Educational Society Iritty
Post Doctoral Research Experience
- Research Guide
Doctoral Research Experience
- From 2001 onwards
|Qualifications||Subject/Specilization||Year of Passing||College/
|M.A.||English||1993||St.Joseph’s College Devagiri||Calicut||I|
|B.Ed.||English||!994||Govt. Training College Thalassery||Calicut||I|
|M.Phil.||English/ Samuel Beckett||2000||IEFL Palayad||Calicut||I|
|Ph.D.||English/Hughes and Morrison||2010||Govt.Brennen College Thalassery||Kannur|
- Ousephachan,K.V.2012. Racism, Hybridity and Identity Crisis in Toni Morrison’s The Bluest Eye. English Activities Update. Vol.4,No.1,pp.107-117.
- The Quest for Identity: Morrison’s Evolution as a Female writer. Journal of the Institute for Research in Sciences and Humanities. Vol.7 No2,pp. 175-183
- Samuel Beckett’s Trilogy in Postmodern Perspective. Notions Vol.V.no.1,pp.251-264
- Racism , Identity Crisis and Compulsion to Speak: Emergence of Afro-American Writers. Indian Journal of Applied Research. Vol.5,No. 8,pp.32-33.
- Identity Confusion and Cultural Deprivation in Toni Morrison’s Song of Solomon. Vol.IV,No.5,pp.46-48.
- Langston Hughes ; A Major Voice of the Voiceless Afro- Americans. Drishti:the Sight Vol.IV,No. 2,pp.7-11.
- Identity Crisis and The Rootlessness of the Afro Americans :A Juxtaposition Of Langstone Hughes And Toni Morrison Notions Vol.V.no.6,pp.155-160
- Post Colonial Predicament of The African’s in Achebe’s Ant Hills of the Savannah: IJPCL.pp. 5-13
Papers presented in National Seminars
- Presented a paper on Toni Morrison in the UGC sponsored Two Day National Seminar organized by P.G. Department of English, Govt. Brennen College,Thalssery.
- Presented a paper on Identity Confusion and Cultural Deprivation in Toni Morrison’s Song of Soloman at International Conference in recent trends in Commerce, Social Sciences and humanity held on 10 August 2015 at MCCIA, Pune.
- Presented a paper on Ethnicity and Identity Confusion in Toni Morrison’s Tar Baby in the National Seminar on The Post Modern Pedagogy of multiple Literacies organized by New Man college Thodupuzha on 11-12 Augusth 2015.
- Presented a paper on Black Feminism in the UGC Sponsored National seminar on Cultural Revolution and Gender Sensitivity at Nirmalagiri College on 15-16 September 2015.
- Delivered a Lecture on Need for Becoming Effective Communicators in English in NAM College Kallikkandy.
- Delivered a Lecture on The Role of PTA in CMI Christ School Iritty on 07-08-2010.
- Delivered a Lecture on The Importance of English in Devamatha College Paisakkari.
- Delivered the Inaugural Address on the occasion of the Inauguration of Language club at St. Thomas HSS Thomapuram.
- Delivered a lecture on English as a Global Language in Ranijai HSS Nirmalagiri.
- Delivered a lecture on Parenting Styles for parents of St. Mary’s HSS
- Delivered a lecture on the Role of Parents in the Education of Children for parents of St.Thomas HSS
- Delivered a lecture onth Significance of Parentel Involvement in the Education of Children for parents of St. John the Baptist HS Thanthod Iritty.
Symposia/Conference/Workshop/Industrial Visit Conducted/ Attended
- Participated in the International Seminar on Environmental Science
Religion and Ethics on 23-02-2007and24-02-2007 at Nirmalagiri College.
- Attended One Day Workshop on CCSS 01-10-2009 at Nirmalagiri College organized by Kannur University
- Attende International Seminar on European Maritime Activities in Peninsular India organized by IRISH from 18-1-2010 to 20 -01-2010.
- Attended a National Seminar on Perspectives on the History and Philosophy of Science on22and 23 September 2010 organized jointly by Kannur University and Nirmalagiri College.
- Participated in the five day workshop on Curriculum, Design Programme in Language and Literature held by the Board Studies in English.
- Attended One Day Work shop Organized by Kannur University for Implementation of Hridayakumari Committee report on 16-06-2014.
- Attended Regional Work Shop on Techniques for English Language Acquisition among Tribal Students of Malaber sponsored by UGC and Organized by dept of English Nirmalagiri College on 19-09-2014.
- Attend a Two day Nation al Seminar on Contemporary trends in Malayalam poetry sponsored by UGC and Organized by dept of Malayalam Nirmalagiri College.
- Attended 2 day National Seminar on impact of Tribal Education on Health and Nutrition- Need for an Effective Strategy Organized by The Department of Economics 16 and 17 August 2013.
- Attended National Seminar on Autonomy for Colleges – A Means to Quality enhancement in High Education Sponsored by NAAC and Organized by SH College Thevara on 8 and 9 Jan. 2015.
- Attended one day work shop on Choice Based Credit and Semester System Sponsored by Kannur University and Organized by Nirmalagiri College on 01-10-2009.
- Attended Silver Jubilee Seminar held at IEFL Thalassery on 7 and 8 Feb. 2001.
Refresher/ Orientation Programmes Attended
|Refresher III||English||UGC-ASC,Calicut University||2-2-2014||12-3-2014|
|Refresher III||English||UGC-ASC,Kerala University||1-8-2014||21-8-2014|
Independent Programmes / Committees
- Acted as Staff Editor of the College Magazine for many years.
- Elected Secretary Staff Association Nirmalagiri College during 1999-2000 and 2009-2010.
- Elected President Staff Association Nirmalagiri College for the year 2014-15.
- Functioning as PTA President of CMI Christ School (CBSC) at Iritty from 2011 on wards.
- Acting as a councilor for M.A.English of IGNOU
- Fine arts Cordinator during 2000
- Acted as Master Trainer for conducting Census Training Classes to Enumerators and Supervisors during April 2010 and January 2011.
- Functioned as Staff Advisor Nirrmalagiri college Union during 2012-2013and2013-2014
- Functioned as elected Member in the College Council from 2011 to
Sex : Male
Date of birth : 9.5.1967
Father’s name : Varkey
Mother’s name : Aleykuttyy
Nationality : Indian
Marital status : married
Languages Known: Read/ Write/ Speak
- Tamilnadu,Karnataka and Andhrapradesh
Keezhur P. O.
Iritty, Kannur Dt