Dr. SALEENA N.J
- Ph. D. (1993), Pondicherry Central University
- M.Phil. (1987), Pondicherry Central University
- M.A. Economics (1985), Calicut University
- MBA (2014), Pondicherry Central University
- 21years of experience in both UG and PG Level
Doctoral Research Experience
- No. of Ph Ds produced: 3( awarded 1 and thesis submitted 2)
- No. of PhD scholars at present:6 and Co-Guide of 2 scholars
- No. of M.Phils guided -6 ( Madurai Kamraj University.)
Post-Doctoral Research Experience
- Major Research Project sponsored by Indian Social Institute, Banglore-1998-2001. “Socio-economic Conditions of the Small and Marginal Farmers of Kannur District.”
- Major Research Project sponsored by UGC- 2008-2010. “The Problem of Hunger and Malnutrition- A Study among the Tribes of Kerala”.
- Major Research Project Sponsored by UGC- 2012-2014. “Regressive Effects of Tribal Poverty and Hidden Hunger- Need for an Effective Strategy”.
- Major Research Project Sponsored by ICSSR- 2014-15. “Causes and Consequence of Micro-nutrient Deficiencies Among Tribal Women and Children in Wayanad district of Kerala”
- KRPLLD Minor Project Sponsored by CDS, TVM 1999-2000. “Impact of Female Education on Autonomy and Fertility.”
- Minor Project Sponsored by UGC-2004-06. “Impact of Female Education on Health Care Service Utilisation with Reference to the Recent Morbidity and Mortality Trends in Kerala.”
- Minor Project Sponsored by Kerala State Higher Education Council, 2015. “Impact of Female Education on Child Health”
Academic Bodies/ Duties of Universities
- Chairperson-Board of Studies, UG Economics Kannur University, since 2013
- Member-Board of Studies, PG Economics Kannur University
- Member- Doctoral Committee Kannur University, From 2010 – 2016.
- Research Guide in Economics, Kannur University, since 2008
- External Examiner for Ph D thesis valuation, Bharathidasdan University.
- Resource Person- PhD Coursework Program in Economics, Kannur University.
- Life Member and editorial board member,IRISH Nirmalagiri.
- Nominated Member for the Assessment Committee,CUSAT Cochin
- Subject Expert- Selection Committees at Pius X College, Rajapuram, S N group of colleges , Sir Syed College Thaliparamba and Cooperative Arts and Science College, Madayi .
- Nominated Member-Inspection Commission, Peoples Co-operative Arts and Science College, Munnad.
- Member- Board of Question Paper Setters for UG and PG in Economics for Calicut and Kerala Universities.
- External Guide- MPhil, Madurai Kamaraj University.
- Mentor- Acquire Scholarship for UG students, Kannur University.
Publications in National /International Journals
- “Determinants of Family Planning and Fertility Behaviour in Kerala”, International Congress in Kerala StudiesAKG Centre, Trivandrum,pp 79-80, August 1997.
- “Small Scale Farmers in Kannur District in the 1990s: Socio-Economic Characteristics and Development Problems”, in “Migration in South India”, Edited work published by IRISH and Maulana Abul Kalam Azad Institute of Asian Studies, Kolkata, 2007, pp 159-165.
- “Tackling Poverty through Female Education and Utilisation of Health Care Service”, Journal of the Institute of Research in Social Science and Humanities, Volume 2, No.1, January-June, 2007, pp.133-140.
- “Malnutrition and Morbidity- Rural India Needs Large Dose of Health Care”; Journal of the HRC, S.T. Hindu college; Nagarcoil; Annual Vol -xv, 2006-07, pp.66-69.
- “Nutritional Status and Micro-nutrient Deficiencies” – A Study among the Tribes of Wynad district of Kerala. Journal of the Institute of Research in Social Science and Humanities, Volume 1 ,No.5 , January –June 2010,pp.95-106.
- “Malnutrition and Micronutrient Deficiencies among the Tribal People in Kerala state: A contrasting view on Kerala Model of development”. International Journal of Health Economics, University of Bucharest, Romania, January, 2011.
- “Revisiting Cournot Duopoly Model: An Experimental Study” Journal of the Institute of Research in Social Science and Humanities, Volume 6 ,No.1&2 , 2011, pp.161-180.-Saleena N J and P K Santhosh Kumar
- “A DCC Analysis of the Safe Haven Property of Gold against Stock Market: Some Recent Evidence from India”, The Empirical Economics Letters,10(9),- Saleena N.J. and P K Santhosh Kumar A Monthly International Journal of Economics, Volume 10, Number 9, September, 2011. ISSN 1681 8997.
- “Impact of Macroeconomic Uncertainty on Stock market Return Volatility in India, Evidence from Vector Auto Regressive (VAR) Analysis”. Pacific Business Review International Refereed Monthly Journal Vol.5 Issue 4.October 2012, ISSN 0974-4 38X.
- “Trade Liberalisation and Price Volatility: An Econometric Investigation”. Asia Pacific Journal of Management Research and Innovation. December 2012. Vol.8 No.4 ISSN: 2319-510X.- Saleena N.J. and P K Santhosh Kumar
- “BMI and Chronic Energy Deficiency” Brennen Journal of Multidisciplinary Studies -8, 2013,pp 67-79.
- “Tackling Poverty and Malnutrition Through Female Education”: A Study with Reference to Tribal Population in Kerala”. Interdisiciplinary Journal of Management and Behavioural Sciences (IJMBS) Vol-2,No-2 April 2013.
- “Nutritional Deprivation of Tribal Children- A Case Study of Waynad District of Kerala”.International Research Journal of Humanities & Environmental Issues.Volume II,Issue 7(1) October, 2013.ISSN:2277-9329.
- “Analysis of Tribal Poverty and Malnutrition: A study among Paniya Tribes of Waynad District”. Reinventing Issues in Business Management and Research: Edited Works of Dr. Ajay K Rajan and Dr. Suman Pahal, 2013.
- “Readership Trends of Dailies and Periodicals in India: What Does it reveal?”Nebu John Abraham and Saleena N J. Journal of the Institute for Social Science and Humanities, Vol 8 , No 2, pp 153-170,2013.
- “Poverty and Chronic Energy Deficiency: A Study with Reference to Tribal Population in Kerala”. Vidya International Journal of Management Research”(ISSN 2278-2559) 2013.
- “Impactof FDI on Services Export: Evidence from India”, Journal of Business Manaement & Social Science Research(JBM & SSR), ISSN 2319-5614, VOL 2,No 11, November 2013
- “Health and Nutritional Status of Paniya Children : A Case Study of Waynad District of Kerala”. International Research Journal of Commerce, Business and Social Science (IRJCBSS) ISSN 2277-9310, Vol 3, issue 2(1) May 2014.
- “Health and Nutitional Deprivation Among the Primitive Tribes of Kerala”. International Research Journal of Humanities and Environmental Issues, Vol-3, Issue 10, Jan 2015.
- “Convergence of Demand in Consumer Goods.” Dr. N J Saleena and Nebu John Abraham. International Journal of Engineering Technology Management and Applied Sciences. Vol -3 Issue 6, June 2015.
- “Do Innovations Influence Brand Signalling?” Dr. N J Saleena and Nebu John Abraham. International Journal of Economic and Management Strategy, Vol 5,pp 7-20, 2015.
- “Determinants of Nutritional Status among the Tribal Population Waynad District”
- Dr N J Saleena and Suma K- International Journal of Commerce, Business and Social Vol 4, Issue 5 (1), August 2015 pp 85-89
- “Effects of Mother’s Education on Health Care Service Utilisation- Exploring Inter community Disparities” International Journal of Multi disciplinary Research Vol 4, Issue 5(iv), August 2015. Pp50-55
- The Problem of Hunger and Malnutrition- A Study among the Tribes of Kerala. Published by Institute of Research in Social Science and Humanities, 2012.
Refresher/ Orientation Programmes Attended
|Refresher I||Economics||Calicut University,Thrissur||4/10/2000||20/10/2000|
|Refresher III||Economics||Kerala University,Trivandrum||01/08/2006||22/08/2006|
|Refresher III||Public Finance||National Institute of Public Finance and Policy(NIPF)
Editorial Board member of the IRISH Research Journal
No. of Research Papers Presented : 12
Workshops/Seminars Conducted : 3
Participation in International Seminars : 6
Participation in National Seminars : 1