Dr. SEBASTIAN T. K.
Post Graduate Department of Economics
Current Professional status
- Associate Professor
- Research Guide, Kannur University, IRISH, Nirmalalgiri College
Academic Bodies/ Duties of Universities
- Member, Faculty of Humanities, Kannur University, 2013 –2016
- Indian Economic Association (Life Member)
- BOS UG (Economics) Kannur University, 2013 –2016
- Academic Councilor, IGNOU, Nirmalagiri 2012 –
Doctoral Research Experience
|1||BA Economics||Payyannur College||Calicut||1989|
|2||MA Economics||ZGA College Calicut||Calicut||1993|
|4||Ph.D||MG University Kottayam||MG University Kottayam||2009|
- Fellowships / Recognitions K.N.Raj Fellowship and Research grant for Teachers in Economics 2014
Areas of Academic Interest
- Exclusion and deprivation
- Human Development
- Poverty Studies
Publications in National Journals
- Poverty, Vulnerability and Indian Agriculture, in Journal of the Institute for Research in Social Sciences and Humanities, Vil. 6, Number 61 & 2, January – Dec.2011, pp183-190.
- Educational and occupational Mobility among the Migrant Cultivators of Malabar, in Journal of the Institute for Research in Social Sciences and Humanities,Vol 2, Number 2 July 2007, pp 285-306.
- Co- editor with Prof. K.S. Mathew, 2009, ‘Indian Constitution, Education and Minorities in Kerala’ ISBN No: 81-88432-16
- Agrarian Migration to Malabar and the Educational Progress, in Prof. K.S. Mathew and Sebastian T. K (eds) 2009, ‘Indian Constitution, Education and Minorities in Kerala’ ISBN No: 81-88432-16-4, pp 270- 289.
- ‘Education – an invisible capital: Evidences from Migrated cultivators in Malabar’ in Gangadharan K, 2009, Paradigm Shift in Health and Education, Serials Publications, New Delhi,pp 237-269.
- Coauthor with Gasper C ‘Cost Sharing in Medical Education’ in Oommen M.A (ed), 1999, Keralas Development Experience, Concept Publishing Company, pp 390-429.
Papers presented in International Symposia
- Intergenerational Economic Mobility: Methodology and Empirical Evidence from Kerala, India, in the 30th General Conference of IARIW , Portoroz, Slovenia, Aug. 24-30, 2008.
- Human Capital inputs in the Intergenerational Economic Mobility: Empirical Evidences from Kerala in the two day International Conference on Investment in Human Capital, Loyola College Chennai, 8-9 February 2010.
Papers presented in National Seminars
- Fiscal Health and development Requirements of Kerala State, in the Two day National Seminar on ‘Development Experience of Kerala: Towards a New Agenda’ at PG Department of Economics, E.K Nayanar Memorial Government College, Elerithattu, Oct. 16-17, 2014
Topics – Poverty, Measurement of Poverty and Human Development for the participants of the Diploma in Development Praxis’ by TISS Mumbai (Collaborative Programme with Kudumbashree Kerala) Oct. 5-8, 2015
Topic – Input output Analysis and Social mobility Matrix- for 2013 Ph.D course work, Palayad Campus of Kannur University
- Human Development and Economic Growth: A study with respect to Kerala (UGC, Completed)
- Value of Time and its implications on the Household Development Decisions: (UGC, Completed)
- Process of Exclusion and Marginalisation: a study with respect to the Endosulfan victims of Kasargod District (UGC, completed)
Symposia/Conference/Workshop/Industrial Visit Conducted/ Attended
- Agrarian Crisis in Wyanad: Linkages and Dimensions (coordinator) Oct.18-19, 2013.
Refresher/ Orientation Programmes Attended
|Refresher I||Human Rights||University of Calicut||03.02.2009||23.02.2009|
|Refresher III||Economics||Mangalore University||13.11.2001||29.11.2001|
|Refresher III||Economics||University of Kerala||04.09.2007||25.09.2007|
|Others ( Specify)||Workshop[p on Research Writing and Publication||UGC-ASC University of Hyderabad||03.01.2011||08.01.2011|
Awards / Fellowships / Grants / Certificates
Fellowships / Recognitions K.N.Raj Fellowship and Research grant for Teachers in Economics 2014
Independent Programmes / Committees
- Coordinator, IQAC (1 Oct. 2013 onwards)
- NCC Officer (June 2008 to June 2016)
Sex : Male
Date of birth : 12.05.1969
Father’s name : Kurian
Mother’s name : Thresiamma
Nationality : Indian
Marital status : Married
Languages Known: Read/ Write/ Speak
- Malayalam (Read/ Write/ Speak)
- English (Read/ Write/ Speak)
- Pencil drawing
- Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, U.P, Assam, Meghalaya, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Delhi
- Slovania, Italy
Thattaparambil, P.O.Nirmalagiri, Kannur Dt. 670701