The Informatics Centre of Nirmalagiri College has opened doors for a dynamic computer – assisted learning programme. Students can easily get access to Internet, E-mail, Fax facilities, providing an active network with research centers and prominent institutions around the country. Besides, the centre runs foundation courses for students in computer learning as a part of a thorough computer literacy programme in the college. The Informatics Center was started in the college premises in 2004 with a view to provide computer Literacy to all students of the college. The centre was formally inaugurated by sri.G.Karthikeyan, former State Minister. Being a self financial project, the centre charges a nominal fee for courses and provides facilities such as Internet, Scanning, Browsing, DTP, Fax, etc. Students with poor economic background are given free training.
The Centre undertakes a project – Computer Literacy Programme which aims at imparting computer knowledge to a few selected students in the Mangattidam Panchayath in which the College is located. 25 such students have already completed the training programme.
- The governing body of the Centre has been constituted with the following members
- Dr.Tessy George ( Dept. of Hindi-Teacher in charge )
- Sri.Thomas M.J. ( Instructor )
- Sri.Thomas M.J. B.A., ‘A’ Level Computer Course (DOEACC) – Phone Resi- 0490-2414041 – Office- 0490-2365347
- Mrs.Tesmi Sebastian, B.com., ‘A’ Level Computer Course(DOEACC)
- D.T.P , M.S. Office , Internet , Tally , Language Courses
Facilities : Internet , E-mail , D.T.P , Fax , Browsing , Scanning & all types of Computer Assistance