Extension Activity – Visit to Devadan Center Kolayad – 06/04/2016
One day Visit to Devadan Center Kolayad, a Home for old aged and destitute with the provisions of meals, household utensils and vessels. Students entertained the inmates with variety items of Cultural performances
Visit to mega exhibition Quasquicentennial (125 year –jubilee- Govt. Brennen College Thalassery– 15/01/2016
Visit to mega exhibition programme as a part of 125 year jubilee celebrations GBC Thalassery- Vision of the programme: Collaborative knowledge sharing- Stake holders Final year BA Students.
Association Programmes- ‘Vistas of National Movement’ – 23/01/2016
In connection with the Republic Day celebrations 2016 inter department level Quiz competition (Audio visual).
Extension Activity- ‘Sauhrida Grandhalaya’ – 08/06/2016
In Collaboration with the extension programme initiated with Department of Malayalam and PTA, provided a class room library for extending library facility of the institution to the immediate neighborhood of the students of the department.
Association Programme- Quiz Programme – 19/08/2016
History Association organized a Department level quiz competition for the three current batches on contemporary India. The area of questions- National Movement and Freedom Struggle In India.
Association Programme- Inauguration of History Association- 23/02/2017
History Association inauguration done by Dr. Joy Varkey, Asso. Professor of history, NAM College Kallikandy and also the Research Guide and Deputy Director of IRISH.
Collaborative knowledge sharing with history Department PRNSS College , Mattannur- Audio Visual presentation on the Historical event and Persons connected with Freedom Struggle.
Felicitating the winners of inter department level competitions organized by the history Department( Essay writing and Elocution) ,
Manuscript Magazine- Monumental Album releasing -23/02/2017
A Project undertaken by II BA History batch 2016-17, the monumental Album on ‘ Rio Olympic Games 2016’ was released by Fr.Joby Jaccb , the Vice Principal.
Study Tour- Field visit-14/12/2016
Annual field study trip 2016- four days field visit –National Wildlife Park, Eravikulam, Wagamon Hill Station, Hill palace and Heritage center Tripunithara, Cochi, St.Francis Church, Fort Cochi, Mattancherry .
Felicitation programme- Sports Day winners, History Department- 17/02/2017
History Department Honored the winners (Annual sports Day- Ever Rolling Trophy, Overall Championship.) from the Department in the annual sports day inter department competition.
Academic- ‘Reconstructing the Past’ Mangel Pandey – Hero of the Revolt of 1857 –Final Year B.A batch -2017 – 02/03/2017
Audio- Visual demonstration of the important Milestones in the First war of Indian Independence 1857
Academic Forum- Alumni Association –History Department (2016-17) – 26/12/2016
Annual Alumni meeting was conducted on 26/12/2016. Principal addressed the meeting and they were sections of batch wise sharing of experiences and memories about their Nirmalagiri days.
Academic- PSTA.-Department level Parent student teacher Association meeting-05/08/2016
Felicitation Programme Top Scholar of the Final year University examination- 2016 ( Hiba P.K, II Rank, Kannur University)
Exhibition- Collaborative demonstration Programme
- Visit of final BA students to the exhibition cum cultural demonstration at PRNSS College , Mattannur.
History Association , Inauguration
- Association inauguration by Dr.Manjula Poyil Department of history and heritage studies, Kannur University.
- Releasing of Monumental Album on A.P J Abdul Kalm, a project undertaken by II year B.A students 2015-2016; done by Dr.Joselet Mathew , Principal.
Honoring HOD. Dr.Shajimon T.J on 03/03/2016 securing Ph.D .
Send off meeting Dr.Manjula Poyil ,former faculty.
Academic- Inter Department level Quiz competition on Modern Indian history– 12/08/2015
- As a part of Independence day celebration of the year quiz competition ( co curricular) was conducted on and inter department level based on Modern Indian history
Academic – Speech Competition ( Inter department level) – 21/02/2015 Based on the leaders of Freedom movement.
Onam celebration- Donation of Basil Jose Memorial ever Rolling Trophy to the Department team Which secure first place in the ‘POOKKALAM’ competition – 11/09/2015
- Department of history sponsored the ever rolling trophy to the first place winners team in loving memory of Sri. Basil José (late.), former faculty of the Department.
Academic- PSTA.-Department level Parent student teacher Association meeting III DC -07/07/2015
Academic- Annual Merit Day – 06/07/2015
- Felicitating the Top Scholar of the Final year University examination- 6/072015
Study Tour- Field visit-11/2/2016
History Association , Inauguration , 14/01/2015 (Anusha )
- History Association activities ( 2014-15) were inaugurated on 14/01/2015 by Pro. NS Sethumadhavan, Former H.O.D.
- Special Talk on the role of Educated Elite in the Indian national movement with special emphasis on Press media and Freedom movement.
Academic- PSTA.-Department level Parent student teacher Association meeting
- I DC 24/02/2015
- III DC – 26/02/2015
Academic- Annual Merit Day
- Felicitating the Top Scholar of the Final year University examination- 2015
Manuscript Magazine- Monumental Album releasing -13/02/2014
- A Project undertaken by II BA History batch 2014-15, the monumental Album on ‘World cup Football- Ball n’ Goal Stadia Stliis 2014 ’ was released by Pro. N.S Sethumadavan Former H.O.D, in the presence of Dr. Joselet Mathew.
Academic- Independence day celebration Modern Indian history– 14/08/2014
- Independence Day celebration was conducted on 14/08/2014, the three batches were addressed by the Head of the Department, who called for the need of taking up the responsibilities of citizenship as a part of Nation building
Annual Study Tour -Field visit-02/01/2015
- Final year B A Students visited the following places as a part of Annual study tour of the year. Gudallur, Ooty, Coimbatore , Marayur, Munnar, Ernakulam, Mattacherry, Hill Palace Tripunithara.
Academic- Annual Merit Day – 02/07/2014.
Felicitated the Top Scholar, Stino Vincent who secured B+ in the Final year University examination- 2014
History Association , Inauguration , 14/02/2014 .
History Association activities ( 2014-15) were inaugurated on 14/02/2014 by Sri. Abdul Majeed CP, Archivist, Regional Archives, Kozhikode.
Special Talk on role of Archival sources material in Historical reconstruction.
Abdul Majeed CP delivered a special talk on “Archival Sources and Historical reconstruction” as parts of introducing the methodology of inter disciplinary research at U G level.
Kumari Rengitha K, member of international Athletic team form India was honoured as a part of History Association Inauguration programme. Dr. Joselet Mathew, Principal handed over the Memento. HOD delivered words of appreciation and admiration.
Academic- Nirmalagiri College Golden jubilee Celebrations Academic Seminar Series, 23/08/2013.
As a part of Golden jubilee Celebrations an Academic seminar series was organized by the concerned committee under Dr.James Paul. The History department conducted a One day Seminar on “ National Movement in Malabar : Ideology and Politics”. Sessions were led by Dr.G. Gopalankutty ,Calicut University, Dr.Joy Varkey Kannur University, Dr. K Gangadharan.
Exihibition, Nirmalagiri College Golden jubilee Celebrations 2013-14, Inter -Department Knowledge Extension Programme, Mega Exhibition- IMPRINT- 2014.
Academic – Annual Merit Day
Felicitated the Top Scorer Jomon M D,who secured B+ (3.45) grade in the Final year University examination- 2013.
History Association activities ( 2012-13) were inaugurated on 09/01/2013
Final year B A Students visited the following places as a part of Annual study tour of the year. Ooty, Coimbatore , Marayur, Munnar, Ernakulam, Mattacherry and Hill Palace Tripunithara.