Dr. JOSHY JOSEPH
Department of Physics
Current Professional status
- Assistant Professor
- NCC Officer
Doctoral Research Experience
- Senior Research Fellow in the Department of Science and Technology (Govt. of India) Project Entitled “Electrochemical Synthesis of Organized Low dimensional II-VI Semiconductors”: Nanomaterials and Multilayer Device Research Lab, Physics Department, Barkatullah University, India.
- Junior Research Fellow in the Department of Science and Technology (Govt. of India) Project Entitled “Electrochemical Synthesis of Organized Low Dimensional II-VI Semiconductors”: Nanomaterials and Multilayer Device Research Lab, Physics Department, Barkatullah University, India. The work involved the preparation and characterization of Fe3O4 quantum dot using X-RayDiffraction(XRD), Optical Absorbance, Photoluminescence, and Atomic Force Microscopy (AFM) techniques.
- S.R.F, DST Sponsored Project
- DST Travel Grant for international conference
Areas of Academic Interest
Publications in International Journals
- “Investigation of the Structural, Morphological, Compositional and Luminescence Behaviour of ZnO nanoparticles with and without Hydrazine Hydrate Treatment” K KNishad, JoshyJoshy, NTiwari, R K Pandey, Science of Advanced materials, 7, 7, 1368.
- “Fe3O4 and CdS based bifunctional core-shell nanostructure”Joshy Joseph, K KNishad, M Sharma, D K Gupta, R R Singh and R K Pandey, Material Research Bulletin 47, 2012, 1471.
- “Structural, optical and magnetic characterization of bifunctional core shell nanostructure of Fe3O4/CdS synthesized using a room temperature aqueous route” Joshy Joseph, N Mishra, V R Mehto, A K Banerjee and R K Pandey, Journal of Experimental Nanoscience 2012, 1.
- “Rietveld refinement of iron oxide nanoparticle” Joshy Joseph, N Mishra, M Sharma, D K Gupta and R K Pandey, Integrated Ferroelectrics 122, 2010, 12.
- “Dependence of pH and surfactant effect in the synthesis of magnetite(Fe3O4) nanoparticles and its properties” A P A Faiyas, E M Vinod, Joshy Joseph, R Ganesan, R K Pandey, Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials 322, 2010, 400.
Papers presented in International Symposia
- “Magneto-Optical nanostructure using room temperature aqueous method” Joshy Joseph and R.K Pandey, proceedings of 2ndInternational conference on electro ceramics, Sydney, Australia, Dec 2011.
- “Hybridmagnetic core shell nanostructure; Preparation and characterization” Joshy Joseph, N Mishra, KKNishad, V RMehto, RRSingh and R K Pandey, Proceedings of First Indo-Italian workshop on frontiers of fundamental and Industrial electrochemistry, New Delhi, India Aug 30 2010.
Papers presented in National Seminars
- “Defect Induced Ferromagnetism in undopedZnO Nanoparticles” K.K Nishad, Joshy Joseph and R.K Pandey, proceedings of first national conference on advanced nanomaterials, Kuthuparamba, Kerala, Oct 1st and 2nd 2015
- “Synthesis of Nano-Sized NiFe2O4 by Solution Combustion Method withDifferent Fuel to Oxidizer” Ratio Roona N. Arya T.R., Swetha N., Baghya. P.K., Sijo A.K., Sudheesh V.D., Joshy Joseph proceedings of first national conference on advanced nanomaterials, Kuthuparamba, Kerala, Oct 1st and 2nd 2015
- “Bare and inverted core shell nanostructure using CdSenanocrystals” N Mishra, Joshy Joseph, K KNishad, V R Mehto, RR Singh and R K Pandey, proceedings of national conference on recent trends in exotic materials at Sharda university, Noida, Utter Pradesh, India Aug 25 2010.
- “Structural and optical characterization of self assembledCdSe quantum dots” N Mishra, Joshy Joseph, R K Pandey, proceedings of 54th Department of Atomic Energy held at MS University, Baroda, Dec 2009. 51st DAE SSPS, held at Barkatullah UniversityBhopal, M.P, Dec 20 2006.
- “Synthesis and characterization of Cobalt ferro nanoparticles grown by chemical co precipitate method” D Rathore, N Mishra, Joshy Joseph, R Kurchania and R K Pandey, proceedings of national conference on recent trends in materials science, JUIT, Waknaghat, Himachal Pradesh, India, Oct 25 2011.
- Govt. M.L.B Collage, Bhopal, Madhyapradesh
- Barkatullah University Institute of Technology, Bhopal, Madhyapradesh
- UGC Minor Project of 3.5 lakhs, 2016-18
Symposia/Conference/Workshop/Industrial Visit Conducted/ Attended
- National conference on Advanced nanomaterials (CAN) at Nirmalagiri College, Kuthuparamba, Kannur, Kerala on October 1st& 2nd, 2015
- National seminar on Light and photonics at Nirmalagiri College, Kuthuparamba, Kannur, Kerala on February 23 and 24, 2015
- Seminar on Robotics and Power Electronics at Nirmalagiri College, Kuthuparamba, Kannur, Kerala on February 24, 2014
- National conference on novel material for Advanced Technologies (N-MAT) at NRI group of Institution, Bhopal, Madhyapradesh during September 03- 06, 2013.
Orientation Programmes Attended
- UGC HRDC Academic staff college in Kannur
Awards / Fellowships / Grants / Certificates
- DST travel grant for attending conference at New South whales University, Sydney, Australia.
- Senior Research Fellowship (Feb 2010 to Jan 11) in the department of science and technology (Govt. of India) project.
- Best Poster Presentation Award in First Indo-Italian workshop on “frontiers of fundamental and industrial electrochemistry”, Aug 30, 2010, New Delhi, India.
- Junior Research Fellowship (Jan 2008 to Jan 10) in the department of science and technology (Govt. of India) project.
- IOP Nanotechnology
- Packages familiar with: MS Office, FullProf suite and Origin Pro.
Different sample preparation methods: Solid state reaction method, co- precipitation process
Knowledge of operating instruments and analysis of data from:
- X-ray diffraction (XRD) technique to analyze the structure of the materials prepared.
- Atomic Force Microscope (AFM) and to analyze the sample topography
- UV-VIS spectroscope for studies on optical properties.
Sex : Male
Date of birth : 10-05-1983
Father’s name : Sri. Joseph M V
Mother’s name : Smt. Molly Joseph
Nationality : Indian
Marital status : Married
Languages Known: Read/ Write/ Speak
- Playing Volley Ball and Cricket
- Watching Television
- Andhra Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Goa , Gujarat , Haryana , Jharkhand , Karnataka , Madhya Pradesh , Maharashtra ,Tamil Nadu , Telangana, Uttar Pradesh , Uttarakhand, West Bengal
Moolamuriyil, Poothampara, kavilumpara, Kozhikode, 673513